Friday, January 19, 2007

Grandpa Jay and the Sleepydaddy Syndrome






Today Greta got to meet her Grandpa Jay. It's 9:40 pm now and Greta is just starting to wake up. Grandpa got to hold Greta a lot today but it was mostly during her sleepy hours.

It's true what they say about new parents and their lack of sleep. Even though I'm very spoiled having Grandma Sarah here, I'm still pretty tired. I don't function particularly well without a full night's sleep and today it got ugly. It started pretty innocently, forgetting to take out the trash when I said I would, and forgetting to make a phone call. Then it got a little worse when I got home from picking up Grandpa at the airport. Sarah had just made a lovely lunch for all of us that included a bowl of soup and a sandwich. We all sat down, I put the napkin on my lap and then I reached for my can of Coke and poured it into my bowl of soup. Things were getting nasty. Later I microwaved a mug of cider and forgot to take it out of the microwave; I overcooked the steak on the grill; and, I called Greta by the dog's name. I need some sleep but instead I'm drinking another Coke to stay awake (and since I poured my last one in my soup) because I'm on baby duty in just a few minutes.
And oh yeah, Greta got new Golden Gopher shoes today from Grandpa Jay. Go Gophs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She needs some "BAMA" merchandise to really look good!! Uncle Ken may have to send a "care package" soon.

Anonymous said...

A quick note from Greta's mommy...thank you for all the prayers and support you've shown our family. We are having a ball and can't wait to share our little peanut with all of you!

Anonymous said...

she is looking good. when do ya'll coming down to bama? i would like to see her and hold her.

see ya later, stephen