Okay, so maybe not wi-fi, but Greta is now cordless. That's right today is the day you've all been waiting for, praying for, holding your breath for . . . Greta lost her umbilical cord. Actually she didn't loose it, it just sorta fell off when Eleanor was talking off one of her tops (yes, she pooped on another shirt; surprise, surprise).
It happened like this. Today was my first day back on the job. This week I'm working, but doing it from home so I can still help out when needed. Ellie and I had just finished lunch and I was in the kitchen cleaning up. Eleanor took Greta upstairs to change her dipe. A few minutes later I heard Eleanor yelling, "Tah! Tah!" (translation: "Ty! Ty!"). I ran up the stairs thinking something awful had happened. I burst into the nursery and Eleanor was extending her arm holding the poor child's onesie while looking away. "Here. Here" she said, "Take this! Her umbilical cord is somewhere in there." At that point I thought, "What! Somewhere in there? Can't you find it? We're not talking about a needle in a haystack, more like a raisin in a pillowcase." But I didn't say that. So I looked down through the neck of the onesie and eureka! There it was, kinda caught on the side. "Ew! You get it, I don't want to" she said. So I did. I shook it out, it fell on the floor and then I tried to chase Eleanor around the nursery with it (it's funny, she has the same reaction to my toenail clippings). Anyway, from there it went into the biohazard locker we call the Diaper Champ where it can no longer hurt or haunt anyone. Greta didn't seem to be bothered in the least by the whole affair. I think she's just happy that her clothes don't snag anymore. There's still a little bit of cord left, but that should fall out shortly.
I had a meeting tonight and while I was away Eleanor took some risque pictures of Greta and her navel. The pics are above.
3 comments:
Did you put it in your scrambled eggs?
Just an FYI, it's ok with me if the u.c. has been disposed of completely by Friday morning... ;-)
If you ever need to supplement your income, you could take this on stage and make a fortune! The last three blogs had the tears running down my face from laughter..... God bless all of you!
Karen
Post a Comment