I'm slippin' already on this blog thing. Gimme a break though, I'm running on empty here. Actually, I'm doing pretty well, Eleanor and Grandma are probably a lot more tired than I am. Greta is doing great, but she's keeping a vampire's schedule; ready for play time and lots of eye contact in the wee hours of the morning. And yes, the wee hours are also the wee-wee hours. I've told her that she's already very fashionable and that there's no need to keep Milan time. Yet she persists.
Back in November Grandma Sarah sent us an amaryllis in the mail. Since I'm a pink thumb I didn't know what it was at first, but I learned that inside the box was a seed that would eventually grow if we cared for it and kept it near the light. All through December that flower grew but never bloomed. Then, when I came home from the hospital last Sunday afternoon, I noticed that the amaryllis had opened. It bloomed on Greta's birthday.
Today Greta is sleeping and we're cleaning the house a bit to get ready for Grandpa Jay's visit tomorrow. He'll be in town until Sunday evening and he's very excited to meet his grandchild.
I'll write more soon. Hope you like the pictures!
3 comments:
love the pictures!! can't wait to meet your beautiful princess!!
Ty and El,
Congratulations! We are SO excited for you guys! Greta is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for doing the blog, Ty! It makes us feel like we're there, almost! In an otherwise stressful week, the news of Greta's healthy arrival has been wonderful! Getting to look at the adorable(!)new pics and entries has been a real highlight of my days! I can't tell you how happy I am for you!
Love,
A Proud Future Uncle Peter!!
Blooming on Greta's birthday!
Powerful. That'll preach, whoever preachers her baptismal sermon
ought to use that!
Post a Comment