Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Days...everything since May 8th :)

Ah May....the gateway to summer.  The seasons of goodbyes and new summer schedules.
Early in May: Greta had her last day of preschool.  Last day of preschool.  Who knew I'd feel emotional about it.

There was a float party to celebrate...pretty cool huh?



Greta's Wonderful teacher Ms R. (looking so glamorous I might add!):


And G's other teacher Ms C...looking happy about a successful year of preschool.
  Pretty awesome stuff.
And then there was Mother's Day.  Our house...beautiful day.  And the steaks...nice job Pastor :)


Kiddies with Gma
And I'm growing stuff.  The backyard is really shaping up and looking more intentional.  And beautiful.  Looky looky:





Not bad, right?
And then there are these people.  They are funny.  I think I will keep them.  There funny pictures:
Don't know what to say about this exactly.  Wish he were only interested in his nipples?
 Summer is wearing them out.  They are car-sleeping regularly.  I'm sure this is a sign that I am failing them as a mother.  It is pretty cute though.
 Body-slamming.  Ask the preacher...as I have nothing to do with this strange promotion of false violence which almost always leads to real violence at our house.
 What big eyes you have Gboo... (sorry yours are totally absent Wes.  Ask the preacher about those too)
 The good morning committee.  How could the day be bad with a greeting like this?
Dubby got a new big boy room.  Sniff sniff.  He went from yellow & dinosaurs to grey & a modern transportation theme.  It is cool.  But it is happening too fast.  (still in transition as you can see)
 Cute nakey baby shot.  Good work towel.

And these little people of mine have said some very funny things.

After expressing my frustration at just having sat down to dinner only to have Greta request more water she said, "That's one of the hard things of life, mommy. When your children are thirsty, you must get them water." 

Wes: Daddy, give me handsome hair (i.e., put your hair goop in my hair too).

Greta: "Mom, Santa does not have flying reindeer. He does not fly through the sky with reindeer." Me: "Oh? Well what do you think happens?" Greta: "Well I've seen reindeer with my own eyes and they don't fly. That is ridiculous. He must travel on the ground by horse or maybe he has a special santa jet with a window he can roll down like we do at the drive-through." 

Wes: let's snuggle, say prayer and sing the mommy song (we still aren't sure what this is!)

 And tomorrow it is June. 

No comments: