Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hello most lovely October EVER








Yes it is true. Last year on this date we had snow. This year....sunny and 80 degrees. YES PLEASE! A little slice of heaven right here in the Mini-apple! We've been doing our best to get out and enjoy the great weather and the gorgeous leaves. This last weekend we went to a fall festival (thank you Edina Realty) that had pumpkins, cider, s'mores and PONY RIDES. That's right...mama finally made good on daddy's promise to take Gboo on a pony ride if she started to use the potty train. Better late than never right! We had a lovely morning with Grandma and Papa and came home with 2 pumpkins (we now have a pumpkin for each family member...I'm seeing the birth of a pumpkin family in the works...yeah, I do). We've also had a chance to get some funny and occasionally cute pictures of our wee ones together. Fun stuff.

One quick story from Greta's preschool....on Thursday one of the preschool teachers was observing Greta's class in the muscle room (indoor playroom). Gboo had all the kids corralled in the corner whispering to them. She then announced...Mrs C, I am Greta the magician. Now I will do my great magic trick. I will make my class disappear....Hocus Pocus! One by one G's classmates loaded into the long pipe on the equipment until all 9 of them were inside. Mrs C talked Greta into making them reappear so G went over to the pipe and whispered something then yelled Abracadabra! One at a time they all came piling out. Greta was of course very proud. Mom and Dad love that story as well...I guess we'll have to see if she will use her powers for good or for evil.

No comments: