Monday, July 6, 2009

Just when I think I know my kiddo...

she goes and changes things up!
So we conquered slides. I wouldn't say we were fearless...but they were definitely in our toddler reportoire. Recently we've regressed and slides have been our ultimate nemesis. That is until today. You can imagine my surprise when my child begged to go down this slide:

I of course spent 30 minutes trying to talk her out of this insanity. I did not want to be that parent who makes her kid go down the slide kicking and screaming once she's at the top and changes her mind. Luckily that's why God made Daddy's. The Preacher agreed to take her down and........she loved it. Well, she loved it the 2nd time. The first time, Daddy asked "Greta are you having fun" as they slid down the blue flume. Greta's response: "No, it is not fun" (in complete sentence form which cracked us up even more). But once at the bottom she told me, "that was fun. Mommy's turn!" There were 5 more turns after that. Go figure.

1 comment:

Kita said...

Awesome! Where is this! I would be the parent with the screaming kid, cause I would want to go down and my kids would not. Oh well...Glad you all had fun!