So yeah...it has been 6 weeks. What can I say, that is indicative of the fall we're having this year. We are just about to begin a more reasonable pace- at ADVENT! Yes, even Advent in a household where both parents work at a church feels like a reasonable pace when compared to our current pace. Shew.
So on to the fun:
First up....HALLOWEEN!
Yes, our cutie pies loved Halloween. Big sister was of course the biggest fan. She informed me in September that she had finally decided on a costume: pink poodle. I scoured the internet and could not find a pink poodle costume for purchase (for a big kid), but I did find someone's "how to make your own pink poodle costume" directions. BINGO.
She adored the costume which made all of the effort worth it. We went for simple for brother- I mean, Dubs is 18 months old and could care less what he is wearing. His big bald head made him a great Charlie Brown candidate.
Perfection!
We showed our costume off to the MN grandparents, along with cute cousin Noah, and then Greta and Daddy hit the pavement for the candy haul. She thought it was a blast.
Wessy turned 18 months in October.
SO HARD TO BELIEVE. We're trying hard to celebrate each new milestone, but 2nd time around we find ourselves wanting to slow down time. I don't want this awesome time to pass too quickly. At his 18 month check up he was 92%ile on height, 49th %ile on weight and 63%ile on head circumference.
Did I mention that he's a climber? Like a crazy climber? Like we find him on the kitchen table, he goes up and down the stairs with ease, he can climb an upright ladder into the backyard play house. Our Dr wants us to put him in a big boy bed because he is now officially a fall risk. AGH! We're hoping we can wait until after Christmas to make that move. The biggest news about baby boy is that he is a crazy chatterbox. The Dr asked us if he had at least 15 words. We did a little inventory before we went in and he was just shy of 100. Yeah...I think we're good Doc. He's loving books, trains, TRUCKS, balls...he's all boy. He's also a most excellent snuggler...for the moments that he's willing to sit still with you :). Oh, and did I mention that he is self-identifying when he needs to tee tee in the potty? Um, yeah. He's asking to use the potty. We are trying to capitalize now in hopes of actually having an early potty trainer. I won't get my hopes up...oh, well....yes I have, but it is so enticing! No diapers by 2 years old? PLEASE??? I'll keep you posted on this front.
We had a fun family dinner day at Grandma's house & the kids took their Christmas photo with Grandma and Papa.
And baby Noah is getting so big, no?? Wessy & Greta both love Baby No-ahhhhh.
In other news:
Greta is becoming quite the little artist. Her favorite subject(s)? Her family...
(Isn't daddy's hair awesome?)
Here is she and Wessy for Halloween (sorry for the sideways photo):
Greta is also interested in being a "stylish dude" as seen in these photos.
She's willing to help brother on the road to coolness too. Her antics continue on stage- last night at the church's variety show she seized the stage to tell a knock knock joke, totally un-phased by the microphone, spotlight, and crowd a-watchin. OH.MY.
Aunt Maureen & Uncle Dan gave a brick in honor of Greta's fight for survival in Jan of 2010 and all of those who cared for her at Children's Hospital MN.
We were so deeply touched and are so proud that their gift makes it possible for Children's to continue caring for the least of these in our midst. We continue to enjoy volunteering our time there.
So there you have it. A quick and dirty update on the Christiansens. There will be more to share in the coming week...THANKSGIVING! We will be celebrating at Grandma's house and it will be extra exciting because Granny & Gramps will be here celebrating with us! Yipeee! The countdown to their arrival is ON.
We hope your Thanksgiving celebrations are full of joy and moments of gratitude. I'm certain we will have fun to share.
with love,
the Cs.



No comments:
Post a Comment