Friday, November 27, 2009

Who's a turkey?

I think you probably know the answer to that question! Gboo hammed it up all day long. We had a great Thanksgiving celebration. We dined at Grandma's house and had lots of fun...here are a few pics of our happy day. PS...no comments needed on how enormo I am. I know. Huge. Not twins, no need to ask.
Today we had the whole family over and they worked their buns off helping us gut our basement. Here's a sampling of their handiwork.... Can I get a yay Christiansens!

And FINALLY.....FINALLY....another piece of exciting news. Tonight as Gboo started to get into the bathtub and insisted she needed to use the potty. Now, some of you may know, this potty business has been a rather slow start at our house, despite our pediatrician's hunch that she'd be an "early potty trainer" at 18 months. Well. Here we are looking January in the eye, marking 3 years of Gboos life (yes thats 2 x 18 months thank you very much) and our potty progress has been pretty minimal. UNTIL TONIGHT. She did it. On her own, even despite our willingness to give up after waiting for her to potty for 15 minutes. We went nuts of course. I think it surprised her. She got to open the first of her potty presents which was her much anticipated Dora the Explorer Umbrella. Hey-o. So here's a pic of her "relaxing" under her newly acquired potty present as she watches Wonder Pets. Cross your fingers that tomorrow we have more lluck!!

One more note: Tuesday we find out if CUBBY is a boy or girl...keep your fingers crossed that Cubby cooperates and we get to answer that question and we'll post pictures and news after our appointment!

Hope your Thanksgiving was happy and memorable.

No comments: