








Ok, I know it seems like we must be doing our best to kill whatever following we have for this blog. The last few months have been pretty difficult for us professionally (Tyler is now the solo pastor at our church here- long story), so I hope you'll cut us a hair of slack. I DO come bearing funny stories and pictures. We'll just keep this in short snippets or else this will be too long to endure!
Funny stories:
1) Greta has taken a liking to "Where the Wild Things Are." This should probably concern us. Anyhoo...a week or so after we started reading this book to her, she started to spontaneously say "Nash" when she was unhappy. We finally figured out that she was "nashing her terrible teeth" at us when we were requiring her to do something that wasn't to her liking. Oh my.
2) (this one is a little personal- skip if you embarrass easily) Greta took a peek down my shirt a few weeks ago and let out a loud "Oh no, mommy." I said, Greta, what is wrong? She replied, "oh no, Mommy....Mommy has a bottom on her front." Hmmm. Someday I'll tell her that the state of my chest (amongst other things) is in part due to her..... Gotta love the honesty of kiddos.
3) Greta is now sleeping in the big girl bed instead of a crib. The first 2 weeks went great. And then she discovered that she could get herself out of the bed. So we've been fighting a bed battle with her. Usually we hear her get out of bed and we just return her to bed without too much fuss (a la supernanny style). However, we did go in to check on her the other day and she had made the hard wooden floor her bed so she got a rather rude awakening (the door hitting her in the bum) when we poked our heads in her room.
4) She's doing alot of "talking" on my cell phone. Of late, she is doing alot of talking to Gramps about airplanes. She knows that Granny and I frequently put her on "speaker"...so she usually weaves that into the conversation too.
5) She tried to put her dad in time out a week or so ago. You can guess how well that went over. OH man....
So here are a few pictures from our March adventures. Swimming with Grandpa Jay, displaying our new cheese face and our new "funny" faces, and playing in the park today on our 65 degree day (did you hear me singing with joy all the way in Alabama??). I should mention that one of the funny faces is greta "putting makeup on"...tell me I look better than that at the end of the process! Too much fun!
We'll try to update again soon...though with Easter bearing down upon us I'll make no promises. We're heading to Granny and Gramps' house the week after Easter so we should have some fun pictures from that visit to post soon too. Much love from the thawing tundra!
PS I'm pretty sure the unseasonably warm temps can be credited with my fingers defrosting enough to type....so keep praying for a warm spring for us up here! We deserve it after this winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment