










Well...it seems that everyone great was born in September. Well, at least Great Grandma Christiansen and Greta's mommy were both born in the middle of this fine month. Yesterday we celebrated Great Grandma Dagny's 80th birthday with her. There was a yummy lunch in her honor and an appearance by a local opera singer charged with serenading her into her 80th year. Today is Greta's mommy's birthday and it's already been a full day. We began the morning at a local apple orchard. Greta enjoyed picking up the apples off the ground and throwing them at her daddy (hmmmm). She also took a spin on some of the mini tractors at the orchard. Undoubtedly Greta's favorite thing at the orchard today were the goats. Yes, the goats were the highlight. You could feed the goats, which in Greta's mind was the best thing ever. There was a cute beebee goat there too, which was definitely part of the draw. Greta has quite a funny noise for goats (Mommy: Greta, what do goats say? Greta: "whooo whoo" -said breathlessly like she were blowing bubbles) and we don't know where it came from...but the goats did nothing to correct her today. They were much more interested in getting breakfast from our toddler. We then stopped by Stillwater (a really cool town!) and looked at the river and got lunch. Greta tried her first milkshake...I'll let you guess about whether or not she liked it.
PS the first picture is from this last Saturday...we all felt a little sick with a cold and Greta climbed up in bed with daddy....it reminded me of a picture I took of those 2 a few weeks after Greta was born. Look how big she's gotten! Agh!
3 comments:
What a lovely family! What a wonderful birthday outing! I am so envious of all of you bundled up already, I can almost feel and smell the crisp air! I am glad to have gotten the right address for your blog....rather disturbing what I saw last night. Eleanor, I miss you and hope that we can get together for a visit soon. Greta is soooo big and so precious, I love her little towhead! Minnesota looks gorgeous and I would love to make it for a visit some day.
Lylas!
martha
Greta is on the right track with her great affection for goats - they are the best of the farm animals!
Happy birthday to you, Eleanor!
She's 1.5 years old and she's NEVER tried a milkshake?!? Did she look at you afterward with the "what took so long?" expression? just kidding...
Post a Comment