I hope I don't fall asleep typing this post. I think I'm even more exhausted than I was the first week after Greta came home from the hospital. For those who don't know, Greta was baptized yesterday and I have to say it was one of the most amazing moments in my life. It was right up there with my wedding day, ordination and Greta's birth. It was about as powerful of an experience as I can ever remember. After Holy Week and an awesome Easter, I am physically and emotionally drained.
The guests started showing up Wednesday with the arrival of my sister, Jayne. The next caravan arrived late Friday night and the remainder of the guests came on Saturday morning. It was the first time Greta met her great-grandparents on my side of the family. She also got to meet Dan, Maureen, Peter, Ken, Ann and Bruce. In all there were fourteen family members from out of town that came to celebrate with us. Thank you to all of you who came from IL, KY, MN, AL and IA to be here for Greta.
As you might imagine, we took a couple (hundred) pictures. A few are posted above.
4 comments:
Sounds like it was a beautiful day.... What a blessing!
LOVE the bunny ears. great picture! L Eanes
We enjoyed the weekend with you. The service Sunday was an incredible highlight for us. Greta is such a beautiful, happy baby. She is fortunate to have fantastic parents who surround her with the love of Christ. Ken/Ann
I just love my baby bunny Gretabo!Just think next Easter you will be eating chocolate bunnies with your BamaGramma.
Post a Comment