First off, thank you to all you loyal blog readers out there, particularly my peeps in Flo-town. I had no idea that so many of you were online reading the posts. I'm glad - I though I was just writing to humor the grandparents. But, since there are so many Florentines reading this blog, it occurred to me that I should be doing some Shoals-based advertising to generate a little revenue. So let me pause to offer this word from the Florence, AL Chamber of Commerce:
Tyler says, "Whenever I visit Florence I love to eat atop the Renaissance Tower. The view is terrific and the food is even better. And if I ever need a colonoscopy, I always visit the friendly folks at Tennessee Valley Gastroenterology."
We got to Florence on Tuesday morning and pretty much got back in the car to head over to the hospital to meet the staff at the endoscopy unit. Greta felt very special getting to go in the back door and seeing the nurses' lounge. It was like having backstage passes to a Rolling Stones concert. But the highlight was seeing 'Bama Gramps proudly walk around showing Greta off to the staff. All the ladies at the hospital were very sweet and they all said nice things about Greta. From there we hit Trowbridge's for a bite. Naturally, Greta slept through the whole meal and then we went around the corner to First United Methodist to say hi to all the ladies in the church office. We were only there a minute and Greta had her first meltdown of the day. She was hungry and the ladies in the office ushered Eleanor into the associate pastor's office where she could nurse Greta. A few minutes later we were on our way again. We went to get Eleanor's hair cut and then to a new baby store near downtown that was painted bright pink and devoid of any windows. I told 'Bama Gramma that it looked like an adult bookstore and that I wasn't comfortable taking Greta inside, but she assured me that it was okay - and thank goodness, because we came out with a bunch of new things for the baby.
The next day was a quiet one. I worked on my sermon for Sunday and the ladies bopped around town some. Greta stayed home with me and I didn't get much done, but we had a fun time together. That night we went over to 'Bama Gramps' office to meet the staff. It was great because they all stuck around late to meet the Greta-boo. We had a nice visit with all of them and many said that they are hard core readers of the blog. We took the picture above and I promised them they'd be on the Web (thanks ladies! Great photo!). After meeting the girls in teal, we walked over to the church for the Wednesday night dinner and programming. Once again Great was a hit. We saw lots of familiar faces and had a nice meal. We went home exhausted, but feeling good - the week was only half over.
5 comments:
I was getting worried about you guys! It had been so long since you posted! :) Looks like everyone had a great time! Greta's already been in more states than Jason, and she's been here a lot less time! Tell Gretasmommy it's time for a lunch-not-a-date sometime soon!
Ty and Tommy changin' dipes together--I love it! ;-)
And by the way, I don't think I have ever seen a cuter look on someone's face than the look that Greta has on her's in her picture with 'Bama Gramps. I smile each time I see it!
Man, I can tell she is really growing! In the picture of Greta and Ellie, she looks like she spans the length of El's torso! She definitely wasn't that long when the aunts were marching...
I'm still enjoying reading all of your blogs. Wish I had known you were going to be as close as marietta(right at our door practically). I would have loved to have met you oin the Interstate somewhere on your way to Florence.
I'm anxious to see greta in some Bama clothes!
Lucia
Ty thanks for the advertisement. Don't forget to plug your favorite BBQ place. bamamgramps
I, too, would love to plug Florence! Although I was only there once for Ty and El's wedding, it is the trip we all compare other wedding trips to! The hotel opened the pool just for us and the country club didn't kick us out! Maybe for your 25th anniversary you'll have to have us all down again!!! - Lori
Post a Comment